"... bringing to the fore what is often hidden...."
The IPCR Mission Statement
The Interfaith Peacebuilding and Community Revitalization (IPCR) Initiative is an effort to facilitate the practical application of the Eight IPCR Concepts (“Community Good News Networks,” “Community Faith Mentoring Networks,” “Spiritual Friendships,” “Questionnaires That Help Build Caring Communities,” “Community Visioning Initiatives for Peace,” “Spiritually Responsible Investing,” “Ecological Sustainability,” and “IPCR Journal/Newsletters)—at the local and regional level—as a way of contributing to the following goals:
1) “… bringing to the fore what is often hidden: how many good people there are, how many ways there are to do good, and how much happiness comes to those who extend help as well as to those who receive it.”
2) increasing our collective capacity to encourage and inspire individual spiritual formation—with all the beneficial consequences that follow for individuals, communities, regions. etc.
3) building trust among people from different faith communities and cultural traditions
4) increasing our capacity to be responsible stewards of our time, energy, and money
5) increasing our capacity to access what is necessary for basic human needs and quality of life through principles and practices of ecological sustainability and permaculture, especially in light of the implications of global warming, ecological footprint analysis, and the “peaking” of our finite supplies of oil
6) increasing our awareness of the countless number of “things people can do in the everyday circumstances of their lives” which will contribute to peacebuilding, community revitalization, and ecological sustainability efforts, in our own communities and regions—and in other parts of the world
7) reducing the incidence of violence—and all the costs associated with war
8) increasing emergency assistance to people with basic human needs
9) reflecting an understanding of the value of silence
10) creating local community and regional publications that provide a format for sharing the good news which would be identified, encouraged, supported, and sustained by contributions to the first 9 goals
Here is a link to the pdf document "Brief Descriptions of The Eight IPCR Concepts" (the IPCR concepts mentioned in the first paragraph, above). The "Brief Descriptions..." document can also be accessed from the "Keynote Documents" section of this website's homepage. Another IPCR document "The Contributions The IPCR Initiative Hopes to Make" provides a 2 page summary of the IPCR Initiative peacebuilding approach, and can be accessed through the above link, or in the "About The IPCR Initiative" section (in the homepage navigation menu).
The Interfaith Peacebuilding and Community Revitalization (IPCR) Initative
P.O. Box 163 Leesburg, Virginia 20178 (USA)
firstname.lastname@example.org (703) 209-2093
The IPCR Initiative
Interfaith Peacebuilding and Community Revitalization